Monday, July 11, 2011

Beer Bread - My Way

I admit it, I LOVE to eat bread and I HATE to buy bread.
Every time I have to buy bread and check the label I am grossed out
by all the chemicals and unpronounceable ingredients.
Yes, the fresh bakery bread usually uses less ingredients, but the possibility of
cross-contamination with allergens is far greater.
The good news though, it really only takes a few ingredients to make delicious,
healthy bread. This recipe does not take long at all
as the dough does not need to be kneaded and left to rise.
Inspiration for it came from Marions Kochbuch website and
I marked the changes with an * again.

Bread Dough:
2 c. white flour*
2 c. whole wheat flour*
1 Tbsp. baking powder
3 Tbsp. David's Roasted & Salted sunflower seeds*
2 Tbsp. flaxseeds*
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar*
2 c. beer (I used Amber O'Douls)

Preheat your oven to 350F.
In a bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients until well combined. Slowly add the beer, it will foam quite a bit. Stir with a wire whisk until everything is incorporated and make sure not to over mix. This dough will have the texture of very thick cake dough. Pour the dough into a greased glass loaf pan. Bake for 60 minutes and check for doneness with a wooden toothpick. Turn the oven off. Release the bread from the pan and put it back into the warm oven for anther ten minutes. This will give it a nice crust.
Finally, let it cool on a wire rack.






No comments:

Post a Comment